Friday, December 4, 2015

Packing Day

We move into our house this weekend (or possibly Monday?  Or Tuesday?...it's annoying).  So today is packing day!  Paul think it's going to take alllll of 2 hours to do, max.  I'm skeptical.  But he had a point a couple nights ago - to me, moving means cross-country or cross-ocean, not cross...5 miles.  So where I'm thinking that packing is going to require massive organization and careful wrapping of every single thing, Paul is kind of like, "Ehhhhh, throw it in a box and let's go!"  He's right, the more I think about it.  Just hard to shake the moving habits.

All of that is just to say that this month is going to be off for a lot of reasons and I'm giving myself a bit of a pass here because that's just sane.

This week was all about beginning Hade's daycare transition, ordering and arranging a carpet replacement, getting all our utilities in order (hopefully!), scheduling a deep clean and duct/crawlspace clean and inspection, confirming our appliance delivery and installation, waaaaaay back in my mind starting to think about our big three-week journey to the west coming up in just a week and a half....  I mean, we have to move and then leave almost immediately after.  And then when we get back, I have to start work immediately after that.

Throw into the mix that Hadrian's first birthday is next Tuesday...a moving day...and a daycare day so that's lame...  We've planned...not much.  Have a couple presents though!  Like...a house?  Something's going to happen, of course.   A cupcake massacre, for example.  It's just that so much will be going on exactly that day that it's probably going to be a bit slap-dash.

Just...it's going to be a month of moving and transitions and jet lag and travel and dubious access to the internet or time to even be on it.

So I declare this month, December 2015, to be themed FAMILY.  Because that's all I'm going to really care about doing stuff for during the next four weeks.  And I finally get to see mine, all together for the very first time ever.  Finally.  And maybe for the last time for a really long while since Hadrian will get older and we're so far away...it's probably going to be my last (my parents and sisters) family Christmas...

Wish us luck.  If I have a hankerin, I'll write more here.   But here are my goals:

Daily:  Be with Hadrian.  Be with him.

Weekly: Plan something special with Paul.  For Paul.

Monthly:  Throw an awesome combined birthday party with my family for Hadrian, my sister, and my Dad in California.


No comments :

Post a Comment