I start work tomorrow.
I start work tomorrow!
I start WORK tomorrow!
I start work TOMORROW!
I'm at risk of exploding from an excess of feeeeeeeeeeeelingggggsssss about this.
We're just one missed once-a-day feeding away from being weaned (feeeeelinnnnngggsss) and Hade is pretty much sleeping through the night now (finally - due to a kind of sleep training boot camp we went through the last three days).
And saying goodnight to him just now, on Stay-At-Home-Mom day omega....I think he was kind of like, "Oooooookay, mom, you can go now. I have my ribbon-snuggle-toy and my cup of water. We're good. So......" And I kept standing there touching his hair and saying things like, "I'll never leave you. If you're ever scared, know I'm going to always come back for you and I love you and I'm sorry and you are my whole life and and and and..."
He finally just rolled over on his side away from me and closed his eyes - put me out of my misery. hah.
Sometimes I need the other person to be the one who ends the goodbyes you know?
I cannot adequately describe how excessively little I've thought about the actual job. All I think about is how I'm going to be going somewhere for a long time each day that isn't with Hadrian and just sounds dumb. Usually, for big beginnings like this, I've figured out what I'm going to wear a week in advance and ran through the day's schedule with dry-runs to time commutes and logistics. This time I'm honestly like, "Weeeeelllllllllllp. I think I go somewhere at 8? And I probably have to bring some kind of official something with me. I'll look it up in the morning..."
All of this is to say that this whole thing is completely irregular and weird and un-Heidi-like. In fact, it's so odd that I have no idea in the world what is going to happen - which way things are going to go. No clue.
Well, here we go.
So this month is going to be about Routines. Partly, a new routine for keeping our house and yard in order and kept up. But more, a new life routine for me, for Hadrian, and for Paul - individually and as a family. Gotta figure it out.
Let's start tonight - a routine of going to bed before 10:30pm. If I can sleep...
I start work tomorrow!
I start WORK tomorrow!
I start work TOMORROW!
I'm at risk of exploding from an excess of feeeeeeeeeeeelingggggsssss about this.
We're just one missed once-a-day feeding away from being weaned (feeeeelinnnnngggsss) and Hade is pretty much sleeping through the night now (finally - due to a kind of sleep training boot camp we went through the last three days).
And saying goodnight to him just now, on Stay-At-Home-Mom day omega....I think he was kind of like, "Oooooookay, mom, you can go now. I have my ribbon-snuggle-toy and my cup of water. We're good. So......" And I kept standing there touching his hair and saying things like, "I'll never leave you. If you're ever scared, know I'm going to always come back for you and I love you and I'm sorry and you are my whole life and and and and..."
He finally just rolled over on his side away from me and closed his eyes - put me out of my misery. hah.
Sometimes I need the other person to be the one who ends the goodbyes you know?
I cannot adequately describe how excessively little I've thought about the actual job. All I think about is how I'm going to be going somewhere for a long time each day that isn't with Hadrian and just sounds dumb. Usually, for big beginnings like this, I've figured out what I'm going to wear a week in advance and ran through the day's schedule with dry-runs to time commutes and logistics. This time I'm honestly like, "Weeeeelllllllllllp. I think I go somewhere at 8? And I probably have to bring some kind of official something with me. I'll look it up in the morning..."
All of this is to say that this whole thing is completely irregular and weird and un-Heidi-like. In fact, it's so odd that I have no idea in the world what is going to happen - which way things are going to go. No clue.
Well, here we go.
So this month is going to be about Routines. Partly, a new routine for keeping our house and yard in order and kept up. But more, a new life routine for me, for Hadrian, and for Paul - individually and as a family. Gotta figure it out.
Let's start tonight - a routine of going to bed before 10:30pm. If I can sleep...
No comments :
Post a Comment