This month. WHEW. This. month.
Well, let's just get it out there. I'm pretty sure the only goal I actually did was cut my hair and get some bangs. Never got around to purging (This week! Though, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that we're preeeetty well purged. I mean, it was only four months ago that we moved back to the U.S. with two suitcases...so....) Also, the whole "don't use gmail except during naps" thing? Haaaa hahahahahaha! Hilarious. I knew this one was going down about two days in when we started dealing with house closings and Will makings (longer story, another time) and holiday travel plannings and carpet installation considerationings and daycare choosings and utilities endings/beginnings and so SO many things that required me to always be sending or reading or referencing my inbox.
I'm usually the person who has, max, maybe 8 pending emails in her inbox. But right now there's a whopping 28. 28!!!!!! I can't even delete any of them!
Add to all of that my total miss of the three-times-a-week blogging goal. Boo. In my defense, these last couple weeks were insaaaaaane. Sure, Paul had the whole week off for Thanksgiving, but it was spent doing some intense appliance and carpet shopping.
Can I just say, carpet is so expensive!
Also, can I just say, Home Depot is so not worth it! Maybe it's not this way in other parts of the country, but we kept going back to Home Depot thinking that because it was a big box store, we'd be able to find better deals and... it wasn't even a tiny bit true. We got hundreds of dollars off appliances at a more specialized store and we found way nicer carpet and way nicer installation folk from local stores for, again, hundreds, (almost a thousand!) dollars less. But beyond the savings, the experience of the other stores, especially with a baby, was so much better. I'm thiiiis close to swearing off Home Depot for larger purchases forever and ever. Shop local? I guess?
Sooooo, this month gets the FAIL QUAIL as far as the goals are concerned (a memory from my days at BYU - if you were on a campus computer and anything went wrong, this is what popped up).
Tomorrow is December. I feel like I haven't had a second to even think about what I want to focus on next month.
Maybe my goal will be "Survive" - survive a daycare transition, moving to a new house, a cross-country journey, starting a new job. Just make it. That seems like a completely valid goal. A weniger goal, which would be besser for the month, I think.

No comments :
Post a Comment