I mentioned a while back that one of the things I wanted after our move back to the U.S. was to cut down on my clothes, but make sure they were nice ones. So, here is a little run-down of what I've settled on for now.
Should say that there are certain things I don't "count" toward the thirty-piece goal. Shoes, underwear, socks, under-dress leggings, tank-tops, keepsakes (my little black dress I wore when I first went to visit Paul in Oregon, my bridesmaid dress from my sister's wedding, my green "Scandi"-design dress/tent that I got as a kind of souvenir, a black midi circle skirt that was my mom's when she was in her 20s, or, you know, my wedding dress :-). I also don't count sportswear or "work clothes" like my camping clothes, running gear, or a couple t-shirts and one pair of slightly too big boot cut jeans for yardwork and the like. Soooooo with that massive disclaimer, here's what I got.
2. Grey waterfall cardigan (that is warm and can also zip up in a weird, asymmetrical, interesting way)
3. Peach/grey, really light flyaway cardigan
4. Stripe sweater - really great quality, warm but thin.
5. Green cable-knit button-down long cardigan
6. And a black and dark grey color block more chunky sweater that I'm wearing right now. Really long, almost a sweater-dress.
My 3/4 sleeve collection! I like how they are all kiiind of similar but each have some particular difference in their length, weight, or sleeves.
7. Patterned henley
8. Teal green henley
9. Maroon henley
10. Dark grey loose and long semi-sweater with flying squirrel sleeves?
11. Light grey loose and shorter tight-sleeved t-shirt
12. Short-sleeve patterned top
13. Geometric tank top
14. Light button-up cambray
15. Fitted white button-up
16. Blue t-shirt
17. White t-shirt
18. Black t-shirt
My American Eagle high-rise jegging/skinny collection! I have found my spirit-pant and it is the AE high-rise.
19. White skinny jeans
20. Light-wash jegging
21. Dark wash skinny jeans
22. Black jegging
23. Brooks Brothers striped blouse
24. Diane Von Furstenberg floral blouse (I'd like to thank thredup.com for these two designer blouses that I got for <$20 each)
25. High-neck ivory blouse
26. Black maxi dress
27. Grey and black work dress
28. Black knee-length pencil skirt
29. Patterned midi pencil skirt
30. Blue knee-length pencil skirt
Taaa daaaaaaaaaaaaa!
So, after Europe, having SO many clothes (to me) seems excessive and I'm pretty much done buying. I think I'd like one more sweater and one more warm cardigan since I don't think I'll ever need a coat in Savannah and a sweater is how the winter is going to go down, but I'm still on the fence with even going that far. I also am looking for one pair of nude heels or wedges for work, but that's it!
And just since I'm on a kick here. If the internet is wondering, the shoes I own are:
1. brown flats
2. black flats
3. brown sandals
4. black sandals
5. black heels
6. black "booties" (what an awful name)
7. waterproof brown knee-high boots
8. running shoes
9. grey converse
10. hiking boots
Paul once made a comment about me owning soooo mannnny shooooeeesss and at the time I just stared him down. Down real, real low. Then he helped a couple friends move and when he came home afterwards he profusely apologized for his ignorance about the amount of clothes the average woman owns (and thinks she needs to own!). It was a triumphant day. Just wanted to relive it for a second.
No comments :
Post a Comment