Saturday, November 14, 2015

Crazy Week?

Awkwardly displaying our house purchase paperwork, the lawyer's sign, and our relieved real estate agent (who, I'm pretty sure, thinks I'm psychotic or, at the very least, "pushy" and indecisive.  Definitely right on the latter, for sure)


One of those weeks where I felt like every day was chock full of stuff but when I look back on it I'm kind of like....meh?

Let's see...

OH!  So Monday was emergency babysitting for a neighbor friend and then getting our own (first!) babysitter for Hadrian so we could go buy a house.   So THAT happened.

Tuesday....hmmm...  Tuesday!  Oh!  Tuesday we went to a play group thing where Hadrian ate something that made him keep gagging which subsequently made me a freaked out mom calling the pediatrician for an emergency appointment.  Then, after realizing he was fine, going on a wild goose chase around the city to do a bunch of super annoying paperwork and a drug test (Can we talk about how drug tests are especially designed to humiliate you?  And are dumb?  And pointless?  And ineffective?  Yes?)  Oh MAN it was a day of stress.  By the end, when we went to pick Paul up, I was invoking my, "I'm abouuuuuut finished with today and I need to go into a quiet room by myself and sit in the dark for a while..." privilege.

Wednesday.  Was Veteran's Day. Aaaaand it's driving me crazy that I can't remember what else we did that day.  Really, crazy.  Huh.  weird. I think I had had a really rough night up a lot with Hadrian so it may have been a zombie day - characterized by a lot of laying on the floor and saying, "Please don't grab my hair, little one, I'm so tired" spoken directly into the carpet.

Thursday was the day I took Hadrian to check out a toddler gymnastics open playtime thing.  It was a good time.  Lots of things to climb on.  Lots of walls-of-mirrors (hours of fun!).  Lots of other kids to watch.  It's what we do.  But because that essentially meant we skipped the morning nap, the afternoon became preeeeeetty much an afternoon nap battle.  Finally won, but it was rough there.  So that was that day.

Friday we were just down feeling, again, tired and a little bit scratchy-throated?  Don't know what that was all about because it's still around but hasn't escalated.  Just a latent scratchy throat?  Eh.  It was a chill day at home again mostly trying to rest (napping when the kid was napping, for real).  Poor Hade was super bored by the end though.  Sorry, kid!  Paul was able to come home a little bit earlier than usual and walked in to Hadrian sitting on the floor "reading" books to me ("Naaaa na na na ma ba! ::raptor cry::") and me slumped across a camping chair, eyes closed, trying not to fall asleep.  So, you know, I was pretty on top of things in a really impressive way.  Hadrian got to bed at 6pm and Paul and I watched How to Marry a Millionaire, after which I fell asleep early and Paul took my usual night shift which meaaaant...

Saturday was super energetically productive!  I got a haircut!  Month goal: achieved!  It was expensive!  But seeing as I get haircuts, max, twice a year and my theme this month is Weniger aber Besser! I thought it would be a good idea to make sure I got it done well.

Then we got take-out sandwiches from the famous Zunzi's - a strange, strange place that melds South African and Italian cuisine?  Just go with it.  You know, it was okaaaaay.  I really enjoyed trying some Boerewors, especially after meeting our house sellers' real estate agent, a man from South Africa, and hearing him talk about missing boerewors.  But man, that sausage is some crazy spiced stuff - not necessarily spicy just really packed with a lot of different and strong flavors (I got some cinnamon, anise, and a LOT of black pepper among other unidentified tastes).  You have to kind of take it slow.  But, I think I'd go back to The Mellow Mushroom over another visit to Zunzi's. Yep, the chain pizza parlor wins over an eclectic fusion hole-in-the-wall, who even am I anymore? Though...I do think I'll stop by sometime to try their Rooibos Sweet Tea in the future - I really got attached to Rooibos tea when we were in Denmark.  If you ever want to give herbal tea a try, that's a great start.

And then, ...we went home for naptime.  But then we went back out (!!) to go for a walk around the Botanical Gardens.  And to a car dealership to look at one Paul might buy (a super old, cheap little crossover which is exactly what we want).  And to the grocery store to get stuff for a lemon poppyseed cake just for kicks.

We were on a ROLL today!  All because I got 4 straight hours of sleep.  Magic.

End of week review.

No comments :

Post a Comment