Just because I think it may be interesting to see, I'm keeping track of everything I eat today, trying to keep things to 30g of carbohydrates. Challenge Accepted! (And to serve as a check and proof that I'm not trying to starve myself or anything crazy).
Morning
1 Banana (trying to show Hadrian that bananas are tasty, I have to actually eat it in front of him before he'll trust me. Didn't work, but I got some banana.)
A big ol' bowl of salsa and, I'd guess?, around 10 or something tortilla chips (tortilla chips are kind of a treat at this level since corn is annoyingly starchy...darnit)
Three four five giant (seriously giant, heaping) scoops of chunky peanut butter because it sounded tasty
A gyro bowl (leftovers): by my best guess, about 1/4 lb. lamb gyro meat, half a tomato, 1/4 red onion, and a lot of tzaziki (like, 1/2 c?) mostly because I was still hungry. And because TZAZIKI!
And all of that before 10 am.
Lunchish Time (12-2:30)
Five tiny spoonfuls of "Potato and Squash" Gerber Stage 3 goo with chunks. Again, in an attempt to show Hadrian that it was edible and "mmmmm yummy! num num! mmm!" ... Me - 5 (spoonfuls) Hadrian - 0
"Malibu Chicken": my favorite childhood meal from that upscale foodie establishment of the 90s, Sizzler. Essentially just a breaded chicken patty with ham and melted swiss cheese on top, dipped in a mixture of mustard and mayo. Sounds gross, tastes like the sound of a baby's laughter.
Also, a pickle. A Clausen Dill Pickle, which is the only thing that I consider to be a pickle.
Also, a handful of blueberries because they were there.
Two slices of cheddar cheese. I would have had more, but that's all we had.
Just because I felt like it, another (two) giant scoop(s) of chunky peanut butter.
Two cookies because I made cookies? And because, apparently, I'm a masochist.
Dinner
Pretty much a deli platter kind of meal that included:
About half of a Boar's Head Italian Salami named something like "The Florentina" or "Borgio" or something vaguely yet incorrectly "Italian"-sounding - surprisingly super tasty.
Hummus. Not sure how much. A lot? I just, like, ate it with a spoon.
5 or so cherry tomatoes
3 artichoke hearts
2 of those really tasty larger cheese-filled peppers in olive oil that you can find at fancy delis
More tzaziki (Because TZAZIKI!)
Three or four kalamata olives
Some pickled peppers cut in strips
And a partridge in a pear tree.
----------
Now, if I were to guess, I'll bet I probably went a little bit over 30g of carbs today, mostly because of that dang banana and those two dang cookies. But overall I feel pretty good about it. The cookies I don't feel too bad about because I was feeling a hint of wooziness (like that one day last week) - though maybe I imagined it because I just wanted a cookie?
Yesterday, I came in with a 0.4 BMI weight loss between Monday to Tuesday morning - a number for which I understandably muttered "HOLY crud" while on the bathroom scale. I'm going to bet I clock in tomorrow morning with a small weight increase after such a drastic drop, just because that's what seems to be the pattern -- small loss, small loss, small loss, BIG loss, small increase, small loss.... and on. But we'll see.
At any rate, halfway through week two and at a total BMI loss of 0.6 since Monday. Whoa.
Taubes is not messing around.
Morning
1 Banana (trying to show Hadrian that bananas are tasty, I have to actually eat it in front of him before he'll trust me. Didn't work, but I got some banana.)
A big ol' bowl of salsa and, I'd guess?, around 10 or something tortilla chips (tortilla chips are kind of a treat at this level since corn is annoyingly starchy...darnit)
A gyro bowl (leftovers): by my best guess, about 1/4 lb. lamb gyro meat, half a tomato, 1/4 red onion, and a lot of tzaziki (like, 1/2 c?) mostly because I was still hungry. And because TZAZIKI!
And all of that before 10 am.
Lunchish Time (12-2:30)
Five tiny spoonfuls of "Potato and Squash" Gerber Stage 3 goo with chunks. Again, in an attempt to show Hadrian that it was edible and "mmmmm yummy! num num! mmm!" ... Me - 5 (spoonfuls) Hadrian - 0
"Malibu Chicken": my favorite childhood meal from that upscale foodie establishment of the 90s, Sizzler. Essentially just a breaded chicken patty with ham and melted swiss cheese on top, dipped in a mixture of mustard and mayo. Sounds gross, tastes like the sound of a baby's laughter.
Also, a pickle. A Clausen Dill Pickle, which is the only thing that I consider to be a pickle.
Also, a handful of blueberries because they were there.
Two slices of cheddar cheese. I would have had more, but that's all we had.
Just because I felt like it, another (two) giant scoop(s) of chunky peanut butter.
Two cookies because I made cookies? And because, apparently, I'm a masochist.
Dinner
Pretty much a deli platter kind of meal that included:
About half of a Boar's Head Italian Salami named something like "The Florentina" or "Borgio" or something vaguely yet incorrectly "Italian"-sounding - surprisingly super tasty.
Hummus. Not sure how much. A lot? I just, like, ate it with a spoon.
5 or so cherry tomatoes
3 artichoke hearts
2 of those really tasty larger cheese-filled peppers in olive oil that you can find at fancy delis
More tzaziki (Because TZAZIKI!)
Three or four kalamata olives
Some pickled peppers cut in strips
And a partridge in a pear tree.
----------
Now, if I were to guess, I'll bet I probably went a little bit over 30g of carbs today, mostly because of that dang banana and those two dang cookies. But overall I feel pretty good about it. The cookies I don't feel too bad about because I was feeling a hint of wooziness (like that one day last week) - though maybe I imagined it because I just wanted a cookie?
Yesterday, I came in with a 0.4 BMI weight loss between Monday to Tuesday morning - a number for which I understandably muttered "HOLY crud" while on the bathroom scale. I'm going to bet I clock in tomorrow morning with a small weight increase after such a drastic drop, just because that's what seems to be the pattern -- small loss, small loss, small loss, BIG loss, small increase, small loss.... and on. But we'll see.
At any rate, halfway through week two and at a total BMI loss of 0.6 since Monday. Whoa.
Taubes is not messing around.
No comments :
Post a Comment