Oh. my. gosh. Cake! I just really want to eat cake. All the time.
Welp, just two more weeks. Until then, I always have massive amounts of greek yogurt and peanut butter.
Thought I'd return and report about the last week's results for the daily goal. As I'd hoped/expected, the weight loss has slowed down (understandable, since I'm increasing the carb intake) and, even better, it seems to have stabilized a bit from the crazy roller coaster weight measurements of week one and the first half of week two. You can see in the graph how it's just become a smooth, slight downward trend in the last four days. Hooray.
So, week one resulted in a loss of 0.9 BMI. Week two has been a loss of 0.4 BMI. Maybe this week will half again and be 0.2 BMI? And the last 0.1? We'll see. At any rate, it's interesting. And I'm super, super excited to eat some pastaaaaaaaaa this week since we're up to 40g of carbs a day (I never really liked pasta before, so it's a little surreal).
For the other goals, the "wealth" goals, it's been revealing. In a lot of ways, it has shown me that (as long as they don't rescind the offer after the counter-offer I just sent) I really do think that we'll need another source of income. Like I said before, we may not need another full-time, living-wage income, but we do need something and that (really, actually, very good) job is what's been offered for now...
I tend to not be shy at all about talking about money? I still don't know if that's good or bad. And I'm not sure what the best thing is to do about talking about things here - sort of like how I thought a lot about using my actual weight vs. BMI numbers and how that may affect random passers by. I worry that if I write about how I feel a little financially insecure and then write out the numbers, a lot of people could be like, "Oh brother! You're so stable!" Or, it could go the opposite way and the reaction could be something like, "Oh man, you're so poor!" I don't know. Eh.
What I do know is that I always feel like I'm missing some secret about money. I look around at a lot of friends and acquaintances, I think I could make a pretty good guess about how much income they're working with, yet they seem to be able to defy my internal laws of economics -- they have multiple kids, two new cars, bought a big ol' house, wear really nice clothes...but are, like, single-income PhD students or post-docs? HOW IS IT DONE?!?!?!? Did I miss the chance to sign up for some kind of free money thing??
So, I think I've decided to be super transparent here because I wish other people were.
To be continued I suppose. I think I'll write about the money stuff in more detail in another post.
After contemplating many times on this same conundrum, I can only conclude that debt is the "free" money thing you managed to avoid signing up for.
ReplyDeleteGross. Debt. GROSS!
Delete