It's the end of the month! Already!
Looking back, I know that there was a lot accomplished. We got a bunch done in the house buying process, I did a few things here around the apartment that needed some doing (but nothing big - things like getting a legit cleaning arsenal put together, buying up some wire baskets to organize our mini pharmacy and other random but useful items, getting supplies together to make Hadrian a cool hardware "busy board" --but we're waiting until we buy a drill to actually make it--, stuff like that).
But, there were a few things that didn't get done. Like, at all!
For example, that ESRI server problem is still blocking me from Arc. I wish I could say (I don't wish this, but I kind of do?) that the reason is because of some mysterious technical issue that I've been dealing with their customer service people for weeks. But, really, I goofed around a little with it for fifteen minutes one time and that was it. I think because it was hard to remember? It didn't really fit in the theme so it was always on the mental back burner.
Or the idea that I would work through some worksheets for room design from a design book called The Meghan Method. It just never really happened and I think it didn't happen because I never was fully convinced it should happen. It was kind of a monthly goal I thought up last minute and wasn't very excited about in the first place.
Another problem, I think, was that I wasn't specific enough in my goals. So saying "Make one change a week to the apartment" really threw me off my game because it required me to spend time deciding what that would be and then doing it. Which, I know, does not require much. But it was just enough inconvenience to make me delay it.
And on that note, I failed to do another thing that I identified from the start which is to set very clear time-limits. Instead of saying "Oh, do this vague thing once a week" I needed to say something like "Spend Wednesday afternoon doing this very specific thing"
All said and done, I got a lot done, but very little of it felt as driven by my excitement to complete goals and more from basic necessity in the moment that I later tried to convince myself was something to check off a box. Lessons learned (for now). ;-)
Finally, I do want to say that I got a lot of good out of my daily goal this month - "pinning" and perusing design books and sights. That's all actually going to come in very handy in upcoming months. If anyone is interested, I reviewed a heck-load of design books on my goodreads account.
I'd like to revisit this theme again in the future - I think I'll need it. But for now, it's time to announce the next theme, a mixture of something I naturally love to mess with and something that scares me:
"Health and Wealth"
I guess I'll reveal which is which as the month unfolds.
Looking back, I know that there was a lot accomplished. We got a bunch done in the house buying process, I did a few things here around the apartment that needed some doing (but nothing big - things like getting a legit cleaning arsenal put together, buying up some wire baskets to organize our mini pharmacy and other random but useful items, getting supplies together to make Hadrian a cool hardware "busy board" --but we're waiting until we buy a drill to actually make it--, stuff like that).
But, there were a few things that didn't get done. Like, at all!
For example, that ESRI server problem is still blocking me from Arc. I wish I could say (I don't wish this, but I kind of do?) that the reason is because of some mysterious technical issue that I've been dealing with their customer service people for weeks. But, really, I goofed around a little with it for fifteen minutes one time and that was it. I think because it was hard to remember? It didn't really fit in the theme so it was always on the mental back burner.
Or the idea that I would work through some worksheets for room design from a design book called The Meghan Method. It just never really happened and I think it didn't happen because I never was fully convinced it should happen. It was kind of a monthly goal I thought up last minute and wasn't very excited about in the first place.
Another problem, I think, was that I wasn't specific enough in my goals. So saying "Make one change a week to the apartment" really threw me off my game because it required me to spend time deciding what that would be and then doing it. Which, I know, does not require much. But it was just enough inconvenience to make me delay it.
And on that note, I failed to do another thing that I identified from the start which is to set very clear time-limits. Instead of saying "Oh, do this vague thing once a week" I needed to say something like "Spend Wednesday afternoon doing this very specific thing"
All said and done, I got a lot done, but very little of it felt as driven by my excitement to complete goals and more from basic necessity in the moment that I later tried to convince myself was something to check off a box. Lessons learned (for now). ;-)
Finally, I do want to say that I got a lot of good out of my daily goal this month - "pinning" and perusing design books and sights. That's all actually going to come in very handy in upcoming months. If anyone is interested, I reviewed a heck-load of design books on my goodreads account.
I'd like to revisit this theme again in the future - I think I'll need it. But for now, it's time to announce the next theme, a mixture of something I naturally love to mess with and something that scares me:
"Health and Wealth"
I guess I'll reveal which is which as the month unfolds.
No comments :
Post a Comment