A short note here about experiment results:
The past week saw a 0.1 increase in BMI. But, don't take it too seriously. This last week was pretty much one giant experiment facepalm. It started on Tuesday when I was super sad and simultaneously required to sign a job contract which made me even more of an emotional wreck. So I took Hadrian to the nice park downtown to have a picnic and we got BBQ (totally a valid food to eat) and stopped at the James Beard Award-winning bakery here to get a cupcake (totally not a valid food to eat) - because if I was going to feel like a horrible person for signing a job contract, I was going to do it with an award-winning cupcake in a beautiful park with my amazing son, bleepity bleep! But turns out that Award-Winning Bakery had a limit for debit cards, which meant I had to get two cupcakes (of course). And I thought that I'd just save the other one for Paul, but then we were sitting under the mossy live oak trees and I got off the phone with the county HR people and looked at Hadrian and started crying and then was like, "TO HECK WITH IT, I'M EATING BOTH CUPCAKES EVEN IF I DON'T WANT TO! BECAUSE FROSTING WILL SMOTHER THE SOUND OF MY TEARS."
And, of course, the next day it was super clear on the scale that I had eaten two giant cupcakes? So then I was like, "Screw it. I'm going to make 60+ pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and give them all away."
Which actually meant that I gave away half of them and ate the other half all by myself in about two days.
Then I really was like, "Whatever..." So I made Udon for dinner one night (1/2 a serving of which filled the carb quota for the day) and then on Friday I told Paul we should just go to The Mellow Mushroom (uh...it's amazing) and each get a small pizza because the week was shot and he'd been dreaming about pizza for a month. Then I ate a bowl of popcorn that night too. And some more cookies.
Aaaaanyway, what I'm saying here is that Tuesday happened and then my brain required some kind of notable reset day to be able to take the goal seriously again. And that reset day is today, the beginning of the last week. So here we are, shooting for 50g of carbs a day until the end of the month. We'll see what happens.
Blahhh blah blah.
BLAH.
Where's the peanut butter?
The past week saw a 0.1 increase in BMI. But, don't take it too seriously. This last week was pretty much one giant experiment facepalm. It started on Tuesday when I was super sad and simultaneously required to sign a job contract which made me even more of an emotional wreck. So I took Hadrian to the nice park downtown to have a picnic and we got BBQ (totally a valid food to eat) and stopped at the James Beard Award-winning bakery here to get a cupcake (totally not a valid food to eat) - because if I was going to feel like a horrible person for signing a job contract, I was going to do it with an award-winning cupcake in a beautiful park with my amazing son, bleepity bleep! But turns out that Award-Winning Bakery had a limit for debit cards, which meant I had to get two cupcakes (of course). And I thought that I'd just save the other one for Paul, but then we were sitting under the mossy live oak trees and I got off the phone with the county HR people and looked at Hadrian and started crying and then was like, "TO HECK WITH IT, I'M EATING BOTH CUPCAKES EVEN IF I DON'T WANT TO! BECAUSE FROSTING WILL SMOTHER THE SOUND OF MY TEARS."
And, of course, the next day it was super clear on the scale that I had eaten two giant cupcakes? So then I was like, "Screw it. I'm going to make 60+ pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and give them all away."
Which actually meant that I gave away half of them and ate the other half all by myself in about two days.
Then I really was like, "Whatever..." So I made Udon for dinner one night (1/2 a serving of which filled the carb quota for the day) and then on Friday I told Paul we should just go to The Mellow Mushroom (uh...it's amazing) and each get a small pizza because the week was shot and he'd been dreaming about pizza for a month. Then I ate a bowl of popcorn that night too. And some more cookies.
Aaaaanyway, what I'm saying here is that Tuesday happened and then my brain required some kind of notable reset day to be able to take the goal seriously again. And that reset day is today, the beginning of the last week. So here we are, shooting for 50g of carbs a day until the end of the month. We'll see what happens.
Blahhh blah blah.
BLAH.
Where's the peanut butter?
You have a Mellow Mushroom there, too!? There is one in Salt Lake and seriously every time we are nearby and it is even reasonable to make a stop, I buy a stuffed portobello mushroom. (They do take out!!!) It may be $8, which to Mark is 1.5 entire Little Caesar's pizzas (poor soul), but to me...they have become my reason for existence. Children? Beautiful, needy innocentes. Husband? Loving companion with an underdeveloped palate. Stuffed portobello? Gives life meaning.
ReplyDeleteAs for falling off the wagon, huzzah for getting back on! As for crying in parks, you can call me any time! If you want!
PS. Last time we went to MM I wore tie dye. Seemed appropriate.
Delete