Happy 10 Months to Hadrian, yesterday!
It's funny how much he's becoming a little person now. Yesterday when we were eating lunch, all he wanted to do was pick up his little crackers and feed them to me, then laugh and laugh and laugh about it. Or taking the first purposeful stand-alone balances and looking super proud of himself. Today he even took one step to swipe at my phone - fell right down, but it was such a surprise I literally jumped up yelling, "Holy crap!" Then he laughed at that too. Lots of things are funny. The little door-knocker on our front door, crawling through tunnels made of pillows, giving high fives...
I'm testing a hypothesis this week about his use of "na na na na NA!" - my theory is that it means, "Excuse me, but I'm very thirsty right now." So far it's a 100% correlation, which blows my mind. Then, of course, there's the more nuanced, "Nnnnnnnah nnnnnnah nnnah nnnah" combined with sticking out his tongue which I'm guessing is more food related - evidence is mixed there.
Da da da da da DA! - uncertain
pAH pAHH! - unknown
Ba ba ba - ??
mmmma ma ma ma - I...don't know
It's all just very interesting and sometimes mysterious.
Just really enjoying this time. Changes happening every day it seems.
------
Switching topics from the things that matter to maybe the things that hardly do at all - some experiment results?
I took a small step back from the daily goal yesterday when I woke up extremely dizzy, sweaty, and shaky. It was hard to walk up our stairs holding Hade and when I tried to go for a walk with him, I made it less than a block before turning around, again sweaty and shaky. I don't know exactly what the reason was, but I went home and downed a good quarter-tub of the mini Ben and Jerry's we had still and slept straight through both of Hadrian's naps, on the floor next to his crib (seemed smart at the time?). I'm guessing that I was going through some mild low blood sugar level symptoms, and I'm not psycho enough to ignore clear messages from my body. Ate a giant serving of fried rice for lunch too (rice! How I missed you already!). It made me think that maybe limiting to 20 grams of carbohydrates a day in this cold-turkey period, or as near as I can guess, may be a bit too low for me particularly? Afterall, I'm the one that has a long, long history of passing out - particularly after sleepness nights and no breakfasts (it's a pattern I noticed a long time ago and should have told me that blood sugar may be something I can't get too strict about).
So, just keeping it real. I'm going to try and aim for those 20 g every day until Monday though - just totally okay with eating a sandwich or something carb-y if I feel like I need to.
And, just to say, as I expected, there was a noticeable weight change between Monday and Wednesday - 0.5 BMI drop in three days. It was so much that I actually was a little concerned - but I also knew how much I was actually eating during the day! Well, the Thursday blood sugar thing pulled that crazy rate back up a bit to something I'm much more comfortable with. We'll see what the one-week end result comes out as. I'd be okay with it being -0.5 BMI or close for the whole week (not just three days!).

No comments :
Post a Comment