| A cute picture that has nothing to do with anything I'm writing below |
My parents were here over the long weekend so the days were busy and long and fun (and full of free babysitting!). We had a chance to go out to dinner for an early anniversary celebration at Alligator Soul, which was pretty good - had the shrimp and grits since my goal was to have an upscale version of Southern food and the artichoke and goat cheese fritters were unbelievably good. I think I'd try somewhere else before going back though - service was spotty, rather slow, gave us the wrong check, things like that - but that's neither here nor there. The real goal was to go out and have good food and walk around the old garden squares at night without worrying about naptime.
Anyway! It's the second week of the month so it's time to set the goals!
First, I think I'd like to make it a habit to list out any goals from previous months that I'd like to extend. So:
Daily
* Make the bed
* Take Calcium
* Feed Hadrian breakfast between 7:30 and 8 am
Weekly
* Go to a group baby activity with Hadrian
And now for this month with the theme "Into a Home", after spending a few days looking at books and talking through plans with Paul, here's the plan.
Daily
* Get cozy with pinterest and start collecting sites and images that start to solidify what we want to do with 1) interior painting 2) kitchen cabinetry colors and styles 3) kitchen countertops 4) carpeting and, less importantly, 5) budget bathroom redos (interior paint, light fixtures, that kind of thing). Spend 30 minutes - 1 hour each day
Weekly
* Solidify some big-item business stuff for the home buying process. One or more big things a week from the following list: 1) locking in a mortgage rate and officially applying for the loan (collecting and delivering all necessary documents, etc.) 2) shopping for and selecting homeowners insurance policy 3) finalizing the FEMA flood insurance policy 4) getting recommendations for and contacting a carpenter, interior painter, flooring folk, and cement/driveway people.
* Make one noticeable change or upgrade to our apartment rental to make it more homey.
Monthly
* Complete worksheets as read in the book "The Meghan Method" for the kitchen and living room at least. (Optional for Master Bed, Dining Area, Office Nook, Yard)
* Get my copy of ArcGIS 10.3.1 to work! (Having some kind of server connection issue) And then I can start my python course next month.
No comments :
Post a Comment