About a week into the research and I'm flirting seriously with a kitchen cabinet and countertop redo that looks something like this:
Been spending a lot of time trying to find shaker-style (a compromise between my desire for simple, flat cabinets and Paul's attraction to more traditional styles) cabinet colors that go with black appliances and a kind of can-be-seen-as-dirty cream tile that the house already has.
As a refresher:
I really like the grey-greenish color in the bottom cabinets and maybe would make them all that color, but maybe the cream color on the top ones is also a good idea? To match a wall color and make the space seem more airy?
Well, regardless, I really like the grey-green for the bottom ones, closest to the dirty-cream tiles. But then I went to try and color-match the photo with specific paint colors and got a million different shades popping up!
I'm going to guess that the truest one in that screen shot array I posted above is the bottom right. But who knows?? There were about 12 other close matches too.
I'm also kind of into that hard-top white counter. I thought I'd be all over granite, but I don't know, it's growing on me. Plus it would be cheaper. Win!
And finally, the pulls on all the cabinets - I'm a fan of these silver ones in the picture.
One more thing we realized when looking at the picture - the previous owners replaced the stove but not the old white hood! So we'd have to figure out what we wanted to put there instead. Probably will need to look for a stainless steel something or other for simplicity sake, but something like that example picture would be better...just would need to figure out how to do it right.
Anyway, that's the progress there. I have a quote estimating the cabinet re-do and painting will be about $1000, which is less than I was guessing, so...that's good!


No comments :
Post a Comment